Friday, March 6, 2015

Alive again

Have not written anything to post in my blog for ages. Not because I have not been writing (though I have not been writing much indeed), but just not for the blog. Many things have happened, including the most significant: a near death experience. I have for the first time got to know French hospitals...I went with the intenstion of staying just a few days to get tests done though ended up spending a good four months in three different Paris hospitals. Nearly died in one (Bichât), started to get well in another (Henri Mondor in Creteil, then back to Bichât) and really started my way back to good health again in Cognacq Jay hospital. I learned a lot about a lot of things: Medical speaks in French, the hospital system in Paris, the health system in France (ok, becoming more familiar at least. It's such a complex system). But most of all, I have realized just how important health is. Nothing matters anymore when you do not have your health. The only thing in your mind is that you want to feel better. You want to continue and other things do not matter anymore. Really gives you a new perspective in life, though unfortunately this seems to fade with increasing health or maybe just with time. But one thing stays...Paris has become more and more my home after all that I had to live through here. I will see if this stays this way. The sick period changes my mind set of 'being in transit' in Paris (or anywhere else for that matter), to a possibiity that this is where I am likely to put down my suitcases. Not forever just yet, but I have arrived, whether at my final destination or not, certainly a destination where my suitcases would be emptied and stored for a while. I will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're okay. read your blog regularly (love Paris) so, it's good to see you back.

Paris, bonjour ! said...

Hi there, thank you for your comment. It feels good to be back ! ;-)