Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Paris secrets: Morning has broken in my neighborhood outside the ghetto

As I have said elsewhere, I was rather out of sorts in term of my gayness having left my hood in the Marais (Paris 4th arrodissement, known as the gay neighbourhood).
However, having lived in my new neighbourhood for some time now, I have started discovering its secret that is just as exciting if not more. Discovering the layers of gay men who inhabit this beautiful city indeed is a voyage that any new Parisien will have to traverse!

If in the Marais, mornings tend to be dead (we party and stay out late and we think mornings are for the birds), the discovery of early morning sexual escapades in my new neighbourhood had turned me around into a veritable morning person (well ok, still not as cheery as a real morning person, but more willing to wake up just as the sun peeks out than ever before).

I was once in the neighbourhood of Place de Clichy before 9 am (for an appointment there that I could not miss nor reschedule to a more civilized hour). After the appointment, I took a small street to get to the metro station. Walking along, I noticed a man of North African origin standing just outside the entrance to a (his) building. This man was eyeing me as a wolf would be eyeing a roast chicken (or whatever wolf likes to eat in the wild, my experience with wolves are based exclusively on cartoon that I watched as a kid) as I passed by. I stopped and lit a cigarette (an excuse) and noticed him pointedly touch himself in the place where I would like to be touching him! He looked at me intently and opened the building entrance door. I followed him then into the building, and he led me to the basement where he took out his dick and I, being a well brought up kid that I am, got on my knees and went to work.

Another time I was rushing toward the metro station from my house for an early morning conference outside Paris. This man I noticed as we both were crossing the street. The look that he gave me made me stop on the other side and I pretended to look at a window of a store (in fact a drugstore so there is nothing interesting to look at lol). He recrossed the street and asked me for a cigarette. Then, without further ado, he asked me if we could go to my place. Well, I am a professional thus would feel very bad missing the conference I was supposed to attend. So I said we could exchange phone numbers to set up a RDV at a later time. At this point, I must admit that I was that close do just give the conference a miss and take him home. But I stuck it out, a professional that I am, and attended the conference.

The next day, I called him and we met near my house. I learned that he is Egyptian (about 30 years old) and has lived in Paris for 6 years. He came up to my apartment and asked if I could put on a blue film and took off his clothes. We did many interesting things on my little bed on the floor after which I gave him a massage which seemed to have gotten him all hot again.

So, after all this time, I discover the more interesting aspects of my new neighbourhood. Indeed, changes are required (ie. I have to be a morning person), but if it is so worth it, why not? I welcome mornings now and see it not as the moment best spent in bed waiting for the sun to go down again....I look at morning persons differently and have come to recognize the secrets that mornings could hold which are all the more interesting as it is harder to hide in the light than at night. Say hello to the sun and bye bye moon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this... The identification/opportunities are so well characterized in your sensual plume darling. Have you thought of putting your stories in a book ? See blurb.com...

btw I am listening to bonita from Morelenbaum as we speak ;-)